This warning means that that the Soft Token license has been exceeded. Additional Soft Token licenses would need to be purchased and installed. Sott token licenses are consumed when soft tokens have been created, and are currently assign to a user.
The current installed licenses can be validated, from Active Directory Users and Computers | Defender menu | License...
To find a list of all license consuming soft tokens:
- Go to Defender Reports in Management console.
- Under 'Select a Report' choose 'Tokens'
- Select 'Tokens assigned to Users'
- Tick the 'Include specific tokens' option
- Untick all the Hardware tokens types
- Untck the the 'GrIDSure token', 'Google Authenticator' & 'Authy token'
- Select 'Preview'