“Specified domain cannot be found” error when adding a new domain connection or during execution of any workflow.
In Password Manager event logs and verbose logs, the following error may be present:
Error 1722: The RPC server is unavailable.
DsQuerySitesByCost Error 1722. The RPC server is unavailable.
This is most likely an environmental issue. This Microsoft article describes diagnostic methods to check the environment:
1. Enable verbose logging on the Password Manager Admin site
2. Reproduce the issue and note the time of the issue
3. Open “QPM.Service.Host…log”
4. Search for “DsQuerySitesByCost failed”
You may see the following lines in the log:
20xx-xx-xx 14:42:02:133 E [1608:23] QPM.Service.Modules.ADHelpers.dll DCHelper.GetSitesByCost() >> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): DsQuerySitesByCost failed with error 1722: The RPC server is unavailable.
at QPM.Service.Modules.ADHelpers.NativeWrapper.DsContext.DsQuerySitesByCost(String fromSite, String toSites)
at QPM.Service.Modules.ADHelpers.DCHelper.GetSitesByCost(DsContext ctx, String closestSite)
5. Check if the time of the issue in the log matches
1. If the issue happens with a new domain which was never added to Password Manager previously, the environment must be checked and verified. ie. DNS, AD Replication
2. If the failed domain was added previously, but later removed from Password Manager, then you need to get an older configuration and then perform the next step.
3. If the failed domain is present in the configuration of Password Manager you need to delete “Default Domain Controller” entry from the list of domain controllers. This is located in PMAdmin | General Settings | Domain Connections | Edit button | Advanced Settings. Once removed, add a known good DC to the list from the DCs shown.
If the issue persists please contact One Identity Support and refer to this KB article.