Error when SSHing to a DPA using Putty:
"Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey,gssapi-with-mic)"
"Server sent disconnect message type 2 (protocol error): "Too many authentication failures for dpasetup"".
Or when using an SSH client "Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic)"
The DPA will not accept remote logins for the dpasetup user, this user can only be used from the DPA console. The rdpasetup user is required for remote logins. By default, remote access to the DPA is disabled.
NOTE: the login name rdpasetup is case sensitive and needs to be entered in lowercase.
To enable remote SSH logins to a DPA:
- Logon to the DPA console with the dpasetup user and password
- Select 5 "Manage Password and Remote Access"
- Select 2 "Configure remote access to setup menu"
- Type E to enable, and press ENTER
- Enter and confirm a strong password
If using Putty to connect, disable GSSAPI Authentication
From PuTTY Configuration | Connection | SSH | Auth | GSSAPI | Uncheck "Attempt GSSAPI authentication (SSH-2 only)"