To enable this functionality, perform the following steps:
Note: Always save a backup of the registry prior to making any changes. In the event something else is changed a registry rollback can be done using a full backup.
- Open the Registry Editor: On the machine where Active Roles Service is installed, click Start | Run | regedit
- Navigate to the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE\SOFTWARE\One Identity\Active Roles
- Right click and select New DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Enter the registry key name as BypassValidationForMatchingRuleOID
- Double click on the registry key name BypassValidationForMatchingRuleOID and in the Value Data field, set the registry key value to 1 and click OK
- Setting this value to 0 or deleting the key disables the fix
* Please be aware that the above registry change will also need to be made on any remote machines where the MMC is installed.