About this hotfix
This hotfix addresses issues with the NetApp® agent, NFS managed hosts, and access reporting. It also provides additional Change Auditor integration for SharePoint® activity and enhancements for DFS link support and the user interface. The minimum version required for installing this hotfix is One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition 7.1.0.
NOTE: This hotfix contains all resolved issues since the general release of One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition 7.1.0.
Determining if this hotfix is needed
This hotfix for One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition may receive additional testing. If you are not severely affected by the issues addressed by this hotfix, it is recommended that you wait for the next release of One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition as it will include this hotfix.
Please download One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition 126.96.36.1995 Cumulative Hotfix by Clicking Here.
The following is a list of issues resolved in this hotfix.
NOTE: Not all of the builds mentioned below were public releases; however, you can guarantee that you have the fix if you have a build greater than or equal to the "Fixed in" build number associated with the Issue ID.
Updated error messaging for SID resolution to display the target account that could not be resolved.
Standardized the display for "Ownership Set By", "Placed Under Governance By" and "Business Owner" within the Governed Data Overview.
Improved Resource Activity and Resource Access pre-processing time when running within the Manager.
Removed legacy "New Managed Host" dialog.
Added employee name search box to the Business Ownership wizard.
Updated Account Simulation dialog text.
Fixed Manage Access view for SharePoint® groups.
Removed hyperlinks on employee's governed data when a manager does not have access.
Added "Calculate Perceived Owners" as a task within the Governed Data Overview.
Updated agent scanning for SharePoint security.
Updated SharePoint agent to better handle well known claims based IDs.
Updated Account Simulation to better handle duplicate SIDs.
Updated web portal filter for displaying reports available for a governed resource.
Updated how claims are displayed in the Security Index view.
Updated Resource Access and Resource Activity reporting on DFS links and targets when underlying hosts are not yet managed.
Updated PowerShell help file for Set-QBusinessOwner.
Updated online version of the Deployment Guide to exclude content that is not applicable to this version.
Enabled Manage Access integration for SharePoint users and groups from the SharePoint navigation pane in the Manager.
Restricted resource browsing on DFS root items until after underlying hosts are managed.
Fixed issue with adding rights for NetApp® resources.
Updated perceived owner calculation to filter out all groups.
Resolved scanning error in SharePoint agent resulting from agent restart.
Enabled Manage Access for Domain Local Groups when running from resource browser.
Disabled "OK" button on DFS managed host form until a DFS root is selected.
Updated primary perceived owner calculation for SharePoint resources to include activity.
Associate employee with SharePoint claims identities for perceived owner calculations.
Added ability to select SharePoint Online sites as managed paths.
NOTE: Care should be taken when selecting SharePoint Online site contents. If you select to manage an entire site, scanning may take a substantial amount of time.
Applicability of this hotfix
One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition 7.1.0 and any hotfix build since
Installing this hotfix
Beginning with version 7.0.1, the Data Governance Edition module can be updated and released independently of One Identity Manager. Therefore, this hotfix includes a new QAM folder that will replace the existing QAM folder installed with One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition version 7.1.x and updated dlls that will replace the existing dlls in the QBM module.
To install the hotfix
1. Replace your existing local <D1IM Build>\Modules\QAM folder with the QAM folder provided in this hotfix release package.
2. Run the JobQueueInfo.exe and wait for the queue to clear.
3. Once the job queue is empty, stop the One Identity Manager job service on the server handling queries from the Master SQL Server®.
4. Stop the Data Governance service.
5. For SQL server deployments, ensure that the SQL server agent is running.
6. Perform a One Identity Manager and Data Governance Edition upgrade:
· Log in to the server hosting the One Identity Manager administrative components and run the One Identity Manager autorun to install the new local Data Governance files. From the autorun, open the installation page and install the One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition.
· Run the Configuration Wizard (ConfigWizard.exe) to upgrade and configure the One Identity Manager database.
NOTE: You will be blocked from continuing if the job queue is not empty. You will be asked to stop the job service and close all open connections to the One Identity Manager database.
· Start the One Identity Manager job service.
· Run the Data Governance Wizard (Data Governance Configuration Wizard.exe) to upgrade the Data Governance service and resource activity database.
7. Launch the Manager to upgrade the Data Governance agents. If prompted to perform updates, click Yes.
Verifying successful completion
To determine if this hotfix is installed
1. Locate the Quest.Titan.Common.Interfaces.dll in the Data Governance server installation directory (%ProgramFiles%\Dell\One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition\Server).
2. Right-click the .dll and select Properties.
3. Open the Details tab to check the File version (188.8.131.525) of the assembly.
1. Open the “Data Governance Service Log.txt” file (which is also located in the Data Governance server installation directory).
2. Check for the latest entry with the header “Message: Server startup - Logging file versions”. You should see file version 184.108.40.2065 listed for many of the files.
Removing this hotfix
To remove this hotfix
1. Use Add-Remove Programs to remove One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition 220.127.116.115.
2. Redeploy an older version of Data Governance Edition if required.