How to check the connectivity in a "generic" manner when One Identity Manager encounters connectivity issues with the SQL database.
Perform a basic "UDL Test" to check the connectivity to the SQL database:
1. Create a new empty text file like “SQLCheck.txt”.
2. Rename the file to "SQLCheck.udl".
3. Double-click on the UDL file and the Data Link Properties dialog will display.
4. Select "SQL Server Native Client xx" in the Provider tab and click Next.
5. Fill in the Connection details, e.g.:
6. Click the "Test Connection" button to test the database connection.
7. A dialog box will inform "Test connection succeeded" if the connection to the SQL database is working, e.g.: