The Active Roles Synchronization Service and One Identity Quick Connect Sync Engine provides an email notification service which allows you to inform
recipients about the completion of a workflow run.
For each synchronization workflow that includes at least one synchronization step, you can configure multiple alerts. Then, when a workflow run completes, the recipients signed up for the alert receive an email message informing them about the completion of the workflow run. For example, you can use workflow alerts to inform recipients when a workflow run completes with errors.
To manage alerts for a workflow, go to the Workflows tab in the Console, and then click the Manage alerts link below the workflow.
To manage outgoing mail profiles for sending workflow alerts, in the Console, click the Settings menu in the upper right corner, and then click the Mail Profiles.
To create or edit an alert:
In the Quick Connect Administration Console, open the Workflows tab.
Click the Manage alerts link below the workflow for which you want to create or edit an alert.
NOTE: The Manage alerts link is only available on workflows that include one or more synchronization steps.
In the Manage Workflow Alerts dialog box, do one of the following:
• If you want to create a new alert, click the Add button under the Workflow alerts list.
• If you want to edit an existing alert, select that alert in the Workflow alerts list, and then click
the Edit button under the list.
Use the following options in the dialog box that opens to specify alert settings, and then click OK:
• When this event occurs Select an event that will trigger the alert. You can select one of the following:
• Workflow run completes (with or without errors) Triggers the alert upon the workflow run completion regardless of any errors encountered in the run.
• Workflow run completes with errors Triggers the alert only when the workflow run completed with errors.
• Send email to Type the email addresses of the recipients to which you want to send a notification email message when the selected event occurs. When specifying multiple email addresses, use a semicolon as a separator.
• Email message subject Type the text you want to include into the notification email message subject.
• Ignore mapping errors Select this check box if you want the alert to skip mapping errors in workflow runs. This check box is only available when you select Workflow run completes with errors in the When this event occurs option.
• Ignore non-fatal errors in... Select this check box if you want this alert to skip non-fatal errors in workflow runs. A non-fatal error causes a workflow run to partially succeed. A fatal error causes a workflow run to fail. If you select this check box, you must also select one of the following options:
• All workflow steps Causes the alert to skip non-fatal errors in all steps of the workflow.
• The specified workflow stepsCauses the alert to skip non-fatal errors in the workflow steps you specify in the text box below. Type workflow step numbers separated by commas (example: 1, 3, 5). To specify a range of steps, use a dash as a separator (example: 1, 3, 5-8).
This check box is only available when you select Workflow run completes with errors in the "When this event occurs" option.
Use the Send email using this outgoing mail profile list to select the settings to be used for sending notification emails generated by the alerts in the Workflow alerts list.
To configure the current outgoing mail profile, click the Properties button.
When you are finished, click OK to close the Manage Workflow Alerts dialog box.