An Automation Workflow can run a Search activity and update the objects found by that search. This Workflow could be scheduled or not, as needed.
- Create a new Workflow. Choose any relevant name and/or description and click Next.
- Select On User demand or on a scheduled basis (automation workflow) | Next | Finish
- From the Object management section on the left, drag in a Search activity
- Double-click on the Search activity. Select the Scope and filter tab on the left and configure a search which will return items of interest.
- Drag an Update activity into the Search activity and drop it in the section labelled Drop Activities Here
- Double-click on the Update activity. On the Activity Target tab, change the Activity performs the operation on this object: to Object found by search activity
- On the Target properties tab, choose the desired property and update values.
- Click OK | Save Changes