There are three different Service Account changes that can be performed using the following methods.
Service Account 1:
To change the Password Manager service account, perform the following steps. Failure to do so will result in the new service account being unable to read the product configuration.
NOTE: Due to security enhancements, a complex password is generated while exporting the configuration. You must remember the password or store it in a secure place, to use while importing the configuration.
- On the menu bar, click General Settings, then click the Import/Export tab and export the configuration file of the primary instance of Password Manager
- Stop the Password Manager Service
- Open the Windows services or at the command prompt, type services.msc and select Password Manager Service in the console and change the log on details
- Start the Password Manager Service
- Rename the One Identity folder in C:\ProgramData to something like OneIdentity-OLD
- Restart the computer
- Open the Password Manager Admin site
- On the Instance Initialization page, select Unique instance and click Save
- On the menu bar, click General Settings, then click the Import/Export tab and import the configuration file which was exported before changing the service account in step 1
Service Account 2:
These steps outline the process to change the Domain Service Account being used in Password Manager site by launching the Web Interface.
- Select the General Settings tab
- Select the Domain Connections tab
- Select the Edit option on the domain to change the password
- Under the Access account heading, select the Specified user name and password option
- Enter the User name, and Password for the account
- Select the Save option to commit the changes
Service Account 3:
This step will change the Application Pool Service Account in Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Open IIS
- Expand the top level domain
- Select Application Pools
- Right Click PMAdmin under Application Pools on the right side window
- Select Advanced Settings... from the menu
- Change the Identity field value to the Domain\Account Name (Replace Account Name with the Service Account Name)
- Repeat steps 4-6 for other Password Manager app Pools