1. To attempt to clear the quarantine mode, a reboot via the KIOSK should be performed.
If IPMI has been enabled access it via SSH, see "How to remotely access the Kiosk via the Lights Out Management / BMC / IPMI interface"
Alternatively, access physically via the serial connection, see "How To physically connect to the Safeguard Kiosk"
2. If the KIOSK is not accessible to reboot the appliance, we will need to first attempt cold boot using the front panel buttons.
To cold boot the appliance correctly using the front panel buttons.
- Press red button and hold for 4 seconds at which point you should see "Power Off" on the LCD, indicating that the appliance is initiating a safe shutdown. Do not press and hold the red button until the machine shuts off.
- The appliance will be off when the fans stop running and the LCD turns off.
- To turn on, press and immediately release the green button.
- Let the appliance complete the boot up then attempt the reboot via the KIOSK again.
3. If the appliance remains in Quarantine after the reboot, connect to the KIOSK via serial connection or IPMI and generate a support bundle. When contacting Support with the bundle, please include information on events leading up the unit going into quarantine (such as upgrade, cluster operation etc)
A factory reset is recommended after recovering from Quarantined mode.
4. If the reboot from KIOSK clears the Quarantine mode, factory reset can be triggered from the Safeguard client.
5. If the appliance remains in Quarantine mode after the KIOSK reboot, Email support the codes to generate the response for the factory reset.