You may have noticed that the navigation bar icon gets automatically changed if you alter the default entry’s name.
This is by design. The Web Interface will change the icon in the navigation bar after changing the names of corresponding buttons. This happens because once a modification is made to any page it is considered as a customized page defaulting the icon a customized default icon.
Manually revert the icon back the desired image:
NOTE: Before performing any of the changes below, please make sure to perform a full backup of your DB and any other files referenced in the steps below.
1) Connect to ARS mmc snap-in in a Raw View mode.
2) Navigate to: Application Configuration > Web Interface, locate the WI site node you’d like to alter (i.e. by the description).
3) Expand the WI note and click on: ‘Interface Settings’.
4) Right-click on the ‘WorkingCopy’ object, select ‘All Tasks’ and ‘Advanced Properties.
5) Select the 'Show All Possible Attributes' checkbox, locate the ‘edsaWISettings’ attribute and open it for editing (please back up a copy of the attribute’s value prior to editing it).
6) Locate desired ‘Item ID’ under the ‘DefaultMenu’ and modify the ‘IconPath’ entry to the desired value, i.e.:
For home: IconPath="home"
For Directory Management: IconPath="sitemap"
For Search: IconPath="search"
7) Save changes.
8) Return to the recently altered Web Interface, expand the ’Customization’ node in the navigation bar and click on ‘Reload’.