This article clarifies the mechanisms and behaviour behind the Password Manager’s Reporting feature.
The reporting feature is separated in two mechanisms: User Activities and User Statistics.
These activities (i.e. password resets, Q&A Profile creation/update...) are recorded in the DB immediately as the scoped user interacts with the PM service via the relevant sites. The same mechanism is employed for email notifications that are sent and help desk usage. The reports that rely on this form of data collection are:
1) Actions by month (bar chart)
2) Actions by Type
3) Actions by user (pie chart)
4) Actions by User
5) Email notifications by type (table)
6) Email notifications by user (table)
7) Help desk usage by actions (table)
8) Help desk usage by operators (table)
9) Help desk usage by users (table)
10) Registrations by month (bar chart)
User statistics is governed by the scheduled task (‘User Status Statistics’) and the data is overwritten every time the scheduled task is executed. This data is retrievable/visible via the following reports:
a) User status (pie chart)
b) User status (table)
Please note that upon creating a new DB, all the user all user activity pre-new DB creation will not be available. That data will only retrievable from the old/previous DB and/or a backup of the previous DB.