There is no way to retrieve detailed logging for a Password Reset which occurred via the automation engine, as there are none to retrieve – They are not stored. Detailed diagnostics logs are only available for a user generated Test System/Check Password/Reset password.
However, should the issue persists with manually triggered Test System/Check Password/Reset Password, the following troubleshooting steps can be attempted to try to isolate the issue:
- increasing the timeout on the platform (system) and on the profile
- checking that password policies are compatible as this is known to cause intermittently failures.
- checking the failed Past Password characters for the problem account and ensuring they are compatible with the target platform password rules.
- using the failed Past Password and performing a password reset outside of TPAM to ensure the password can be used (use the same functional account as TPAM to perform the password reset).
- enabling sshd debug logging on the target platform and capture a failure.
- do other platforms have this intermittent issue? If not, are there any differences between the working and intermittently non working servers?