When attempting to join a host to a policy group the following error is reported.
Unable to join host to Policy group
Error: Failed to copy file using ssh.
Detail Description: Unable to join host to Policy group. Error message is displayed below.
- Failed to copy file using ssh.
- Error: no matching cipher found:
Ciphers that are required by the ssh server are not available to the ssh client.
- Configure tracing by running the following command on the client as root:
# /opt/quest/sbin/pmpoljoin_plugin –z on
- Run the join command again from the client:
b. See which ciphers are used by the client and required by the server
# grep –A2 “no matching cipher found” /tmp/pmpoljoin_plugin.trc
c. The result should be similar to the following
Note the ciphers available to the client (red) are not available on the server (blue)
2. On the client update the /etc/ssh/ssh_config with the missing ciphers.
3. Restart ssh