The header of the license file contains all the necessary information pertaining to the license.
Edition: Premium Edition
Customer: One Identity
To understand the license better the following is a breakdown of the information:
- Product - Contains the product name which is being licensed
- Edition - Contains the product edition which is being licensed
- Serial - The serial number of the license which is unique for every license
- Customer - The customer for which the license has been licensed to
- Version - The version of the product/edition that is being license.
syslog-ng PE 6: 6.0
syslog-ng PE 7: Rolling
- License-Type - The type of license (Evaluation means that this license is a trial license)
- Valid-Not-Before - The license is not valid to be used before this date
- Valid-Not-After - This is the license expiration date. (If Valid-Not-After is not listed, the license does not expire)
- Limit - The number of hostname licenses available (-1 means unlimited), each host that connects to the product uses 1 of the limit licenses.
- Max-Processors - The number of processors available to be used by the product (-1 means unlimited).
- Date - The date the license was procured.
Some licenses may not have some of the data as seen above which is normal behavior. Any fields missing from the license simply means that the specific field does not apply to that license.
i.e. if Valid-Not-Before is missing from the license, the license does not have a period in which is was/is invalid for use.