The steps provided below are for version 8.1 and above. For earlier versions, please refer to the Installation Guide
The Installation Guide states:
"To speed up initial installation, the Operations Support Web Portal is not installed automatically. If you want to provide the Operations Support Web Portal (or any other HTML application), you must follow these steps after installing the API Server."
Thus, the API Server must be installed as per the Installation Guide:
Installing and accessing HTML5 applications
The steps to install the API Server are available from the Installation Guide as well: Installing the API Server
Note: The API Server installation will ask for an Application Token
. Any text string can be entered, similar to selecting a password. The entered token will be hashed and stored in the database.
Once the API Server has been installed:
To install and compile HTML applications
1. Start Designer.
2. Connect to the relevant database.
3. In the navigation pane, select Getting Started | Edit configuration parameters.
4. On the Configuration parameters tab, enable the configuration parameter QBM | HtmlDevelopment | Compiler.
5. IMPORTANT: Recompile the database.
6. If the previous step is not completed, upon opening the ApiServer web portal the error of "The application is currently not available (the UI could not be loaded)" will be displayed.
NOTE: Ensure that the workstation you are compiling on, can establish a connection to the website registry.npmjs.org:443.
To access all installed HTML5 applications
1. In a web browser, open the web address (URL) of your API server.
2. All installed HTML5 applications are displayed, including the Operations Support Portal, e.g.: