1. Is the Defender Service account configured in the Defender Management Web Console of the Administration Tab a member of the local machines admins group?
2. Is the check mark "User for all actions" marked for this defender service account?
3. Is the Defender service account have permissions of the folder that the
4. Is the mappath.ini file so that the DSS server name and DSS log location accurate? The mappath.ini file is located here: C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Defender\Defender Report Console\cgi-bin
5. Restart the defender service
6. Restart the ISS manager web service wait 10 seconds then start again
7. Re-enter the credentials for the DefenderPortal service account.
8. Confirm the the Defender Admin/Service account credentials for testing purposes.
9. Verified account in AD. It is Domain Admin, Enterprise Admin etc.
10. Check the "User service account for all actions" checkbox and verified that account had local admin permission (via Domain Admins and added account directly)
1. Ensure the correct account being used for the Management Portal Service account is indeed a member of the Local Administrators group on the system where the Management Portal is being installed.
2. Verify there are no orphaned / incorrect objects in the Local Administrators group (or groups that are a member of the Local Administrator) eg; that are only showing SID (eg S-1-5-21-1234567890...)
3. If the above is not successful, also possibly review testing with only the Local Administrators being the only member in Local Administrators, or possibly testing with a Domain Administrator accounts used for the Management Portal service account.
4. UAC, disable it in registry and reinstall the ISAPI agent in the Defender server