SPE (Secure Password Extension)
- I have Password Manager 5.9.3 service installed and the 5.8.2 SPE installed on client computers. Will the SPE work?
Answer: Yes, the 5.8.2 SPE will work with the 5.9.3 back end service for password changes/resets and profile updates.
- I’m based in the UK. I’ve have deployed the SPE to a client computer and can see that it is installed but the link is not visible on the Windows 10 logon screen.
Answer: By default the SPE requires the language that is set for the logon screen to be en-US
On your Windows desktop change the ‘Welcome’ screen language to “English (United States)”
- I’m working from home and not on a VPN or connected to my work domain. How can I get the SPE to work.
- How do I manually override the URL used by the SPE
OPR (Offline Password Reset)
- What is Offline Password Reset and how do I set it up.
- I have Password Manager 5.9.3 service installed and the 5.8.2 OPR installed on client computers. Will the OPR work?
Answer: Yes, the 5.8.2 OPR will work with the 5.9.3 back end service for password changes, resets and profile updates.
- When using the OPR the QRCode is incomplete or has text cutting through it.
Answer: The Windows display scale must be set to 100% in order to see the complete QRCode.
- I'm based in Italy and have installed the SPE and the OPR but only the link for the SPE is visible on the logon screen.
Deploy the group policy setting "Set custom name for the Offline Password Reset button (command link) in Italian" to the client computer
Change the ‘Welcome’ screen language to “English (United States)”
See item #2 under the SPE section above.
5. Is Internet access required for the client workstation?
Answer: The client workstation running OPR itself doesn't need internet access to function. But the client workstation needs to have already been joined or previously been on the Domain to be able to create a leaf object in AD and get the shared secret required by OPR.
To enable verbose logging on a client running the SPE
Also get logs from the PM server
PMAdmin > General Settings > Logging > Verbose Logs
- Upgrading the SPE