In this article will be detailed the method in-place upgrade.
Prerequisites for in-place upgrade from Active Roles 7.x
NOTE: Due to the update of the database schema, the 7.0 versions of the Websites are no longer compatible. It should be deleted and recreated again.
The following steps describe the in-place upgrade scenario for Active Roles 7.4
1) Log on with a user account that has administrator rights on the computer.
2) Navigate to the location of the Active Roles distribution package, and start the Setup wizard by double-clicking ActiveRoles.exe.
3) Click Next to continue.
4) Accept the license agreement and click Next.
5) Review the summary and warning. If the Office 365 Add-On is installed in the 7.0.x instance, uninstall it before continuing.
6) Make sure that the prerequisite software are installed. Microsoft Visual C++ and OLE Drive for SQL Server will be automatically installed and click Upgrade.
7) After upgrading the Active Roles package to 7.4, you are prompted to restart the system.
8) After the system restarts, the Configuration Center opens by default, displaying the Upgrade configuration wizard. If the system restarts and the Configuration Center does launch automatically, launch the Configuration Center and click Update Service Instance.
9) On the Upgrade configuration wizard, select the check box to confirm that you have read the instructions in the Quick Start guide regarding "Configuring Active Roles 7.4 for in-place upgrade" and click next .
NOTE 1: Make sure that the Service Account used has permission to create database on SQL Server;
NOTE 2: If the disk space in SQL server is insufficient, then an error is displayed prompting you to increase the disk space.
10) On Service Association use the drop-down menu to select which server will run the service association and click next. For further information please visit our documentation here and check step 5 under the section Configuring Active Roles 7.4 during in-place upgrade.
11) Review the detailed provided and click Upgrade to start upgrading process.
12) The upgrade starts and the Execution tab displays the Progress bar for the upgrade. After the database upgrade is complete, the Active Roles Service is automatically started and ready for use.
13) It might be required that the Management History database is not imported during the in-place upgrade. In this case it should be imported manually through Configuration Center. In order to further assist you, please refer to our KB146810.
In case of any errors during the in-place upgrade, you must resolve the errors and re-open the Configuration Center to continue the in-place upgrade.NOTE: To upgrade multiple Active Roles Service instances, log in to the individual systems where Active Roles Service was upgraded, and perform the in-place upgrade steps for each Service.