Network communication between SPP appliances
SPP 6.13.1 or below
- Ensure each SPP appliance will listen and communicate to each other on ports TCP/655, UDP/655 and TCP/443.
SPP 7.0 LTS or above (Only UDP/655 is used for SPP Cluster VPN)
- Ensure each SPP appliance will listen and communicate to each other on ports UDP/655 and TCP/443.
- Starting with SPP versions 7.x or above, Cluster node communications no longer support mesh networking and therefore each SPP node must have direct connections to all other nodes for all internal VPN communications.
Network communications between SPP and SPS
- Ensure each SPP appliance will accept TCP/8649 and TCP/443 from all SPS appliances
- Ensure each SPS appliance will accept TCP/8649 from all SPP appliances
From SPP, Settings | Diagnostics | Telnet enter the SPS IP and port number and test, you should see "Connection Succeeded."
From SPS, Basic Settings | Troubleshooting | Connect to TCP port, enter SPP IP(s) and port number, connect, you should see "Connection established."