General questions on Password Manager
1 . How do you set the password expiration date for registered users on Password Self Service?
Password expiration cannot be set using Password Manager. You can only notify the user through the E-mail notifications that the password will expire.
2. If you require a user to change the password on the next login, the complexity requirements of "Password Self-Service" are not taken into account, but rather the requirements of Group Policy. How do you get the requirements of Password Self Service to be enforced?
This is not completely accurate. As with any password policies applied using Group Policy, the most restrictive settings will be effective. When you create a policy within the Password Manager admin interface, this creates an actual GPO and those settings are applied according to the scope of that policy.
3. What does a user do if they are out of the building when the 60 days expires?
a. What happens when they login through a VPN (while on the road)?
b. What happens when they login through Outlook (OWA) to get their email (while on the road).
This depends on the environment. If a user has access to the Internet they may be able to connect to the self-service site to reset their password. It is possible to set up the Password Manager Self-service site for external connections. This can be done through IIS, as with any website hosted by IIS. There is also the option for a Helpdesk user to reset the user's password over the phone, etc. It really depends on how and where the VPN user is connecting from, how Password Manager is configured, etc. There are no simple and straightforward answers to this, or right and wrong ways to configure Password Manager to work in such a scenario.
4. What login and password is being used to access the admin control panel from a remote client computer (example: http://servername/admin)?
This depends on the method of authentication used for the virtual directory within IIS - Windows Integrated Authentication or Basic.
5. Are notifications available for when the account will expire?
No, this is currently not available in Password Manager
6. How does a user register with Password Manager whose password has expired?
In the Admin site, navigate to the desired Workflow and in "My Questions and Answers Profile", click on Settings for "Authenticate with password". Enable the option for "Authenticate users with expired passwords".