Due to low disk space, the ActiveRoles Server database needs to be moved to a new drive on the same SQL server host.
The below can be performed as long as the SQL database is not being moved to another physical or virtual host.
1. Stop the ActiveRoles Server service.
2. Open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the SQL server and instance which hosts the SQL database for ActiveRoles Server.
3. Backup up the ActiveRoles Server SQL database as per the following Microsoft resource: Create a Full Database Backup (SQL Server)
4. Stop all SQL Server Services.
5. Move the the associated .mdf & .ldf files to their new location.
6. Start all SQL Server services.
7. Open SQL Server Management Studio, right click on Database and delete the old ActiveRoles Server database.
8. Right Click on Database again, select Attach, browse to the new location, select the relevant .mdf file and click on Add.
9. Restart the Active Roles Server service. As soon as possible, confirm that everything is functional by logging into the MMC console or the web interface.
If the the SQL server name, SQL instance name, or database name need to be updated for any reason, please reference the following: How to modify ActiveRoles Server SQL database connection settings