NOTE: Ensure you have a backup of your site before making changes. To do so either run the "Web Interface Site Configuration Tool" (Under All Programs | Quest Software) or select the entire text in Step 6 below and copy it to notepad prior to making any changes.
- In ARS MMC Console, switch to Raw mode. To switch to Raw mode, select View | Mode | Raw Mode
- Expand Configuration | Application Configuration | Web Interface and locate the web Interface configuration object you want to change by it's description (viewable on right pane)
- Expand the GUID representing your web site configuration and select Interface Settings | WorkingCopy
- Right-click the WorkingCopy object and select All Tasks | Advanced Properties
- Select Show all possible attributes
- Select edsaWISettings attribute and click View/Edit
- Locate and modify autologout timeout settings (Note: you must specify both settings for this to work):
<AutoLogout Timeout="0" ConfirmTimeout="0"/>
Timeout. Required. Integer. Specifies the allowed interval of inactivity for a user (in minutes). After the specified time interval of inactivity user will be logged out and get a message
ConfirmTimeout. Required. Integer. Specifies time interval (in minutes) when user gets a prompt to confirm activity
- Save your changes
- Reload customizations in the Web Interface that you have just updated. In your web browser, hover mouse over Customization and select Reload
Note: You may need to log out of your current session for this new setting to take effect as ALL sessions need to be disconnected in order for the timeout settings to work properly.