Please follow the steps below. As always, back up your ARS systems before performing any maintenance.
- ARS was already setup with two services sharing a single database. To prepare, un-install ARS from both servers before proceeding to step 2.
- On the first server, install the ARS Administration Service. A reboot may be required. During the installation process, choose "New database" and select to import information from your old database.
Important: Ensure you have the 'Store Management History in a seperate database (advanced) checked ON. Choose an apropriate name for your CH database.
- After the installation is complete, launch the ARS console and verify that the configuration and change history databases are seperate. You can easily find this information by navigating to Configuration | Server Configuration | Administration Services.
- On the second ARS server, begin the installation and choose 'Install additional services' and then 'Share Common configuration database'.
- On the database connection settings, please ensure you change the SQL server name and your database to match your first ARS server. (Remember this is the configuration database step). Ensure you also have checked on the 'Store Management History in a seperate database (advanced).
- In the next screen, verify the proper SQL and Management History DB has been selected.
- Install patch 2580 after you're finished (a reboot may be required).
- Finally, use the Management History Migration Wizard to transfer your old MH information from the old ARS database to the new one.
Note: It may take quite awhile to transfer this information, depending on how many objects you have and how long you keep the change history information (number of days).