How the supervisor's account password for Management Console for Unix (MCU) can be reset.
The console supervisor account is the only user provided in the free version and you entered a password for this account when Quest Identity Manager for Unix was initially installed. This account is also used to change system settings in both the free and licensed versions of the console. To change the supervisor password, use the General page on the System Settings dialog (Preferences | System Settings). However, if you have forgotten the console supervisor password, you can reset it using the following procedure.
1 - Stop the MCU service
2. Locate the custom.cfg file found in "C:\ProgramData\Quest Software\Management Console for Unix\resources\"
(See Setting Custom Configuration Settings for more information about customizing configuration settings for the management console.)
3. Add the following line to the end of the file:
where new_password is the new password.
4.. Save the custom.cfg file.
5. Restart the Management Console for Unix service.
6. Log onto the management console as supervisor and provide the new password.
7. Stop the service again and remove the line added in Step 2 from the custom.cfg file and save the configuration file and restart the service.