What are the steps required to use the Administrative template for Group Policy provided with Defender?
To install the Group Policy extension for Defender do the following:
On a Domain Controller:
1. Copy the file 'DefenderGroupPolicy.adm' to %windir%\inf
2. Start the 'Group Policy Object Editor' (run gpedit.msc)
3. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates for the applicable Group Policy Object (GPO).
4. Select 'Add/Remove Templates...' from the 'Action' menu
5. Click 'Add' on the dialog that appears and select 'DefenderGroupPolicy.adm'
6. Click 'Close' on the 'Add/Remove Templates' dialog
7. The Defender administrative templates are installed to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Classic Administrative Templates (ADM)\Defender.
Settings specific to Defender can now be edited and deployed along with standard Windows policy settings.