How to migrate data and settings from old appliances to new set of appliances.
1. Use post migration documents to capture appliance information stored in /par and /paradmin web interfaces.
2. Physically rack new hardware in their respective Data Centers.
3. Remove network connection from primary appliance and initiate backup via laptop connected via crossover cable.
4. Power down current primary and replica appliances.
5. Restore backup using the migration option to new primary appliance via CLI interface.
6. Upon reboot of new primary after successful restore, log into /paradmin web interface and verify system public keys, verify web certificate, mail settings, etc as outlined in post migration document.
7. Perform various tests of managed systems (test systems) and accounts (manual & scheduled resets, password requests & approvals) via /par web interface.
8. Conduct tests using any custom applications to retrieve passwords from PAR.
9. After successful testing, take backup of new primary appliance.
10. Restore that backup to the replica appliance via CLI.
11. Establish HA communication between appliances.
12. Verify via primary and replica logs that successful replication is occurring.
13. Turn on automatic management.
14. You may also be required to ship back the original primary and replica appliances.