It is possible to modify the length of the release duration. You can set it per account or as a default global setting.
To set it for a particular acount:
- Log into the /PAR interface with a System Admin account
- Go to Systems, Accounts & Collections | Accounts | Manage Accounts
- (Optional) Use the Filter tab to narrow the search criteria
- Click the Listing tab and select the desired Account
- Click the EGP Details tab
- Modify the Default Session Duration settings to the desired duration.
You can also setting the notification options in the same place, if desired.
To modify the Global Setting which will apply as a default to all accounts:
- Log into the /PARADMIN interface with a System Admin account
- Go to System Status / Settings | Global Settings
- Scroll down the list to Max Session Duration and set the value as desired.
Description of the the Max Session Duration value, as per page 70 of the Configuration and Sys Admin Manual
"The allowed duration (in hours) for an eGP Session. A job will run every 10 minutes that will terminate any sessions that are exceeding this threshold. A value of 0 will allow sessions to run with no time limit. The default value is 0."