When performing "Test System" of a Windows system, one of the following errors is shown:
Error: Unspecified error
Error: (0X80004005) Unspecified error
Error: (0X80070035) The network path was not found.
[MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS] Gathering the information necessary to perform a check of ...
[MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS] Checking the Windows System (IPADDRESS) using win...
[MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS] Error: (0X80004005) Unspecified error
[MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS] The test of system [SERVERNAME] failed!
[MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS] Processed the system check on SERVERNAME in 45.46875 seconds
1. Check the functional account name and ensure this is the correct account for the managed system. Ensure the password is correct on the target, and in TPAM.
2. Ensure that the correct target system is being used "Windows" for standalone, workstation or member servers. "Windows Active Directory" is for Windows Domain Controllers.
3. Ensure the "Computer Name" field has been populated with the NETBIOS name of the target system. This field can be found on the Details tab of the System information in the /tpam interface.
4. Ensure that the local firewall on the target machine have been configured to allow remote connections from TPAM on port TCP 445. Alternatively, turn the firewall off. A telnet test can determine if TPAM can access TCP port 445 on the target
5. Ensure that the functional account has local administrator permissions on the target system.
6. Ensure that logins are not being blocked via Group Policy (e.g. "Access this computer from the network" / "Deny access to this computer from the network")
7. Check that Window services on the target machine are running - such as the "Server" and "NetLogon" service/process
8. Check the IPC$ share has not been removed. This can be done by using "net share" from a command prompt.
9. For workgroup machines, ensure the security policy "Security Options" | "Network access: Sharing and security model for local accounts" is set to "Classical - local users authenticate as themselves"
10. Validate that SMB Encryption has not been set on the target. Refer to KB235392 for more information.