Cannot connect to a single Windows server. All other servers connect as expected and allow automatic logon.
- View Test system log to see if there are any errors.
- If test system fails then you need to examine the connection tab. The connection timeout may need to be increased to around 45 seconds.
- If test passes then you need to troubleshoot the account.
- Navigate to Account | Account management - check password. If this fails then password in PAR does not match password on Domain.
- Try to reset it if it's a managed account. If not have admin verify the password that PAR shows matches server.
- Use Network tools in /Paradmin to try and reach the Server. Can our system see it?
- How many remote connections are allowed to the box?
- Is the account part of the Remote users group?
- Are Terminal Services installed on the target server? Is Citrix installed? If the answer is yes to either then this will cause issues and stop our 3rd-party RDP client from connecting to the server.
From Parconfig go to
Net Tools | TelnetTest |
Network address to test <ip address of the windows system>
If that fails PAR can not get to the Telnet machine
FROM the Windows machine do the telnet <ip address of PAR> 22
If this fails the windows machine can not get to PAR