How to access logs on the TPAM Replica appliance when these are requested by Support.
Most relevant information about errors and other system events should be visible in the various logs and reports on the Primary appliance. You cannot log into the Replica while it is in "Replica" mode, therefore you cannot access its logs. In the event you must access logs from the Replica appliance, as per a request from Support, for example, the following steps apply:
Version 2.5 Steps
- Via the HA Settings page: /admin interface | System Status/Settings | Cluster Management
- Select the appropriate Console Appliance (the Replica appliance) from the Cluster Member list.
- On the Details tab, check the Run Level checkbox.
- Select "Maintenance" from the Run Level drop down menu.
- Click the blue "Change Run Level" button to apply the change. (It may take a few moments)
Prior to version 2.5
If you wish to log into the Replica you will have to switch the Primary to "Standalone" mode and the Replica to "Primary" mode. Once this is done, you will be able to log into the Replica, but your HA Pair will be need to be re-established afterwards.
Changing the modes can be done via the HA Settings page: /paradmin interface | System Status/Settings | HA Config | HA Settings.
For steps on how to re-establish your HA pair, please see the following Knowledge Article: How to re-establish your HA pair.