Questions regarding redundancy and implementation.
(Please note: Quest Support does not assist with product implementation.)
1. How do any of the servers in Active Directory (AD) know which Defender Security Server (DSS) is the Primary or Secondary?
2. Is there a way to configure the priority of the servers, e.g.: 1, 2 and 3 - if 1 fails then 2 kicks in, if 1 and 2 fail then 3 kicks in, etc.?
3. If questions 1 and 2 are not possible then if there are 6 servers, how does one know which server handles the request - is it just the first server to respond and there is no defined primary?
4. Is there a limit on how many Defender Security Servers can be added in AD? For example, if there are 6 security servers and authentication stops working sometime after the 5th or 6th server.
5. What's the average or expected waiting time for a newly added security server to be active or "green"? For example, the last one added took 45 mins before the light would turn green. Is there a way to speed that up?
6. Does the assigned policy on the Access Node(s) take priority over the assigned policy on the DSS? Or is it the other way around - the server policy has priority over the Access Node policy?