Using a MS SQL database with ESSO
Creating the SQL Database
1. From SQL Management Studio Select the Properties of the Server. Select the "Security" page and ensure "SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode" is selected.
2. To create the database execute the \E-SSO\TOOLS\WGSrvConfig\MSSQLv2.sql script
3. Create a ESSO SQL account. You can also use SA if so skip this step (However, ensure the SA account is enabled within SQL)
The minimum permissions required are
Enabling the SQL database from QESSO
1. From the Administration Tools (TOOLS\WGSrvConfig\WGSRVConfig.exe) | “Configure local audit database”
2. Select “Use existing corporate database” and click on the "..."
3. Select "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" | Click Next
- Enter the name of your SQL server (Ensure it is resolvable)
- Select "Use a specific user name and password" and enter the SQL user details. Ensure "Allow saving password" is checked.
- Select the ESSO database.
- Click "Test Connection". If this passes click OK.