How to create a CLI Admin and login through the command line interface.
1) A CLI admin user id is required for this operation. If one doesn't already exist on your appliance, it must be created in the /paradmin interface.
2) Next you will need to convert the id_dsa key to the proper format for use with Putty.
3) Open a Windows Command Prompt window and change to the directory where your Putty programs are.
4) This GetStatus command will provide various hardware and software information, including the current database mode:
5) If this is your Replica appliance, you can change the running mode with the following command:
For the option, use P for Primary, T for Test or R for Replica mode.
6) To change an admin password, use the following command
A full list of commands is available in the Appendix of the Configuration and Administration manual.
For instructions on how to perform a Restore from the CLI, please read this article: https://support.quest.com/Search/SolutionDetail.aspx?id=SOL86975
The following programs will be required to follow these instructions. They can be downloaded for free from http://www.putty.org
putty.exe, puttygen.exe, plink.exe, pscp.exe