What Active Directory permissions are required for the functional account, if we are unable to use a Domain Administrator account.
1 In Active Directory for Users and Computers console, choose View Advanced Features. This allows other tabs to be viewed.
2. Right click on the container you wish to manage and click Properties.
3. In the properties view, click the Security tab.
4. Click Add and select the user you wish to manage accounts with.
5. Choose the Advanced button after the user is added to the Security tab.
6. Highlight the added user you wish to manage accounts with and choose Edit to assign the following ‘Allow’ Permissions onto USER OBJECTS:
7. Click OK and then Apply to set the Security settings. Click OK again to Exit the Advanced Properties window.
8. Verify PAR is able to manage those Users within the container the permissions are assigned for.