What does the option Change password for Windows Services started by this account? do when selected.
When TPAM is required to change the password for a managed Windows account, the service account password can be automatically changed as well.
In order for this operation to succeed, it is required that the Domain Account (DA Change) service is enabled, to verify the DA Change service is running in the environment:
- Log into the /PARADMIN interface
- Automation Engine - Auto Mgt Agent
- Verify the DA Change service is running (set to Enable) using the toggle buttons.
Once the above steps have been followed and the DA Change Service enabled, the following steps can be followed to ensure the account configuration is correct:
- Log into the /PAR interface
- Systems, Accounts & Collections - Accounts - Manage Accounts - Select a managed Domain account - Account Details tab - Verify that “Change password for Windows Services started by this account?” is checked - Dependents tab - Select the member servers that are running services using that account and select the “Dependent” radio button.
For the managed AD System in TPAM under the Connection tab verify that the Domain Name and NetBIOS Domain Name are properly configured on the Connection Tab.
The service account password will be changed by TPAM if the above steps are followed.
If it is required to stop/start the services on the target server then the eSPCW client would be required.