How to install the SAP for SSO desktop client silently using group policy.
A transform file called qas-sso-for-sap.mst is included along with the main
MSI installer file. This transform file together with a special .cab file
allows you to perform a silent installation of the QAS SSO for SAP package
using your license file.
To run a silent install
1. Copy qas-sso-for-sap-<version>.msi, qas-sso-for-sap.mst and license.cab to
the same directory. (To create license.cab, see steps below.)
2. Open a command prompt window and navigate to the directory containing
the files. Execute the following command:
msiexec /i "qas-sso-for-sap-<version>.msi" TRANSFORMS="qas-sso-for-sap.mst" /qb
Steps to create the license CAB file:
1. Rename your license file to:
2. Open a command prompt window and navigate to the folder
where the "Quest-VAS-GSSAPI-for-SAP.asc file is located.
3. Run the following command:
makecab.exe Quest-VAS-GSSAPI-for-SAP.asc license.cab
NOTE: You may need to download makecab.exe if it is not
available on your system.
4. This will create a file called license.cab.
MakeCab is available for download from Microsoft.