By default, the object Properties dialog displays a predefined set of pages and attributes in Active Roles MMC Console.
- Open the Active Roles Server console and switch into Raw view mode:
Select View | Mode, then click Raw Mode and click OK
- In the console tree, expand Configuration | Application Configuration.
- Right click, on Active Roles Display Specifiers (Custom) select All Tasks, and then Advanced Create command to create the appropriate local container.
in the Display Specifiers by Active Roles Server (Custom) container.
- The custom display specifier must be created in the local container matching the local of
your environment. These local containers are named using the hex representation of that
- Thus the US/English local’s container is named 409, the German local’s
container is named 407, the Japanese local’s container is named 411, and so forth.
You may need to first create the appropriate local container under
Active Roles Display Specifiers (Default).
- You can do this by using the All Tasks | Advanced Create
command to create an object of the class EDS-Display-Specifier-Container.
- In the local container, create a custom display specifier..
You can do this by using the All Tasks | Advanced Create command on the local container to create an object of the class Display-Specifier. The name of the display specifier which you create should match the type of object which you are interested in: user-Display for User objects, group-Display for Group Objects, or computer-Display for Computer objects, for example.
NOTE: The name of the display specifier is case-sensitive, so you should type the name for the new display specifier exactly user-Display, not user-display or User-display.
- In the details pane, right-click the display specifier and click Properties.
- Go to the Other Properties to Display tab.
- Add one or more properties of interest to the Other properties on the object property pages: section and click OK.
- Restart the Administration Service and then reconnect to the MMC for your changes to be visible.
- When you right click a user, group, or computer object and select properties. There will be a Other Properties tab that will now be visible, and it will display the custom value/attribute that was set.