When a user attempts to create a PSM session to a Windows 2008 R2 target the following message is displayed and the user is unable to connect to the remote server.
"autoselected keyboard map en-eu"
The Affinity for this target system is set to be a DPA configured in the environment. Changing this Affinity to run the PSM session through the LocalServer (TPAM Appliance) and not the DPA allows for successful connection to the target server.
- Incorrectly configured Remote Desktop configuration
- Incorrect DNS Configuration on DPA if Hostname is used for Managed System
- Correct Ports not open between DPA and Target server
- Unsupported keyboard selected on Target Server
The following configuration will need to be verified:
- On the target Windows Server, open Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration. Under Connections right click on RDP-TCP and choose properties. Under General Tab Make sure "Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication" is unchecked.
- Is the target system (Managed System) configured in PAR to use host name or an IP address for the network address? If hostname, is DNS properly configured on the DPA that is being used for the PSM session?
- Is the target server an AD controller or a member server? If member server is the "Computer Name" properly populated on the details tab of the managed system in PAR?
- Ports 22 and 3389 need to be open if a Firewall is between the DPA and Target Server.
- If a non English Keyboard is being used on the Target system this can cause an unsuccessful connection. Verify that only US / UK English is selected and test connection again.