How to migrate the DSS to a new server.
What are the steps required to move a Defender Security Server to a new machine within the same Active Directory (AD) forest?
1. Install the Defender Security Server software on the new server using the Defender Setup Wizard as described in the Quick Start Guide: Defender Setup Wizard reference.
NOTE: The DSS can be installed on a Domain Controller (DC), member server, or member workstation.
2. Configure the new DSS to communicate with Active Directory as per the instructions provided here.
3. With the Defender MMC console snap-in installed, go to Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Navigate to the Defender OU
- Add the new DSS by right clicking on the Security Servers OU
- Select New | Defender Security Server
Complete the DSS details (Name, IP Address and description)
4. Right-click on the new DSS object and select "Properties".
- Under the "Access Nodes" tab, click on the "Assign" button and add all the required Access Nodes
At this point the radius client will be able to authenticate via the old DSS and the new DSS.
5. Test authentication against the new DSS.
6. Update all the Radius clients to point to the IP addess of the new DSS.7. Remove original DSS server