After installing Password Manager’s Self Service and Helpdesk sites on a standalone DMZ server, it is possible to encounter difficulties during the initialization process. Upon reviewing the Password Manager event log, one of the following errors are noted:
Info: System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: The system cannot find the file specified.
Info: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationObjectFaultedException: The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.
Possible issue with installation and/or Application Pool account permissions.
1) Open IIS and navigate to the site’s application pool
2) Under the site’s app pool advanced settings change the Load User profile setting to TRUE
3) Restart IIS
4) Go through the site’s initialization processSolution 2
1) Uninstall Password Manager from the standalone server
2) Confirm that local permissions are granted to the service and application pool accounts (Administrators and IIS_IUSR)
3) Reboot the server and login with the Password Manager service account
4) Reinstall Password Manager
Note: It is possible to revert back change the made on step 1) as it was only required to perform the initialization process.
© 2021 One Identity LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback 이용 약관 개인정보 보호정책