Approval provides you with the tools for performing tasks related to approval workflow. You can use these tools to complete approval tasks assigned to you as an Approver, and to monitor the status of the operations that you initiated, if those require approval.
For details on how to perform approval tasks, see Using Approval Workflow later in this document.
By using Settings, you can specify:
- The language of the Web Interface pages
- The maximum number of objects displayed in single-page lists
- The maximum number of list items displayed on a single page in multi-page lists
- The maximum number of links to pages displayed for multi-page lists
- Maximum time in minutes, for which the notification is to be visible
- Maximum number of notifications to be stored in Active Roles
The settings are saved on a per-user basis in the configuration of the Web Interface site.
For more information, see Changing personal settings earlier in this document.
Customization allows you to tailor the Web Interface to suit the specific needs of your organization. The Customization item is only displayed if you are logged on as Active Roles Admin. The Active Roles Admin account is specified upon configuration of the Active Roles Administration Service.
Customization includes the following tasks:
- Directory Objects Modify menus, commands, and forms for administering directory objects. View or change global settings, such as the logo image and color scheme.
- Restore Default Restore the original (default) menus, commands, and forms, discarding all previous customizations.
- Reload Put into effect the menus, commands, and forms that you have customized.
The customization settings determine the configuration of the Web Interface site for all users.
For more information and instructions on how to customize the Web Interface, see “Customizing the Web Interface” in the Active Roles Web Interface Administration Guide.
User interface overview
The section describes the user interface elements that are common across the Web Interface.