reCAPTCHA is a free CAPTCHA service provided by Google.
To start using reCAPTCHA you need to sign up and get reCAPTCHA keys on the following web site:.
When getting the keys, provide the DNS name of the domain where Password Manager Self-Service sites are installed. If the Self-Service sites are installed in different domains, select the Enable this key on all domains check box to create a global key.
To configure security options
- Connect to the Administration site by typing the Administration site URL in the address bar of your Web browser. By default, the URL is http://<ComputerName>/PMAdminADLDS/.
- On the menu bar, click General Settings, then click the Search and Logon Options tab, and select the Self-Service site option from the drop-down list.
- In the Security Settings section select the Show a security image to prevent bot attacks check box to have the Self-Service site display a picture with characters and require the user to enter the characters on the picture. This feature provides enhanced protection against automated attacks.
- Select the Display CAPTCHA radio button if you want the Self-Service site to show CAPTCHA images on the Find Your Account page. Click Settings to configure the following CAPTCHA settings:
- Number of characters Specify the number of characters that will be displayed on a CAPTCHA image.
- Noise level Select the noise level for a CAPTCHA image. The higher the level the more difficult it will be to read the characters.
- Select the Display reCAPTCHA radio button if you want the Self-Service site to show reCAPTCHA images on the Find Your Account page. Click Settings to configure the following reCAPTCHA settings:
- Public key Specify the public key you received when configuring reCAPTCHA on the reCAPTCHA Web site.
- Private key Specify the private key you received when configuring reCAPTCHA on the reCAPTCHA Web site.
- Theme Select a color theme for the reCAPTCHA widget.
- Select the Show a security image every time the search is performed check box to show a CAPTCHA or reCAPTCHA image every time the search is performed on the Find Your Account page of the Self-Service page. Selecting this option increases protection against bot attacks.
- Click Save.