You can centrally upgrade workstations to the latest version of Offline Password Reset by assigning the software for deployment using Windows Group Policy. It is recommended to remove the existing MSI package from the Software installation list, and then assign the latest-version package.
To remove the existing and assign a latest-version package
Remove the assigned package from the list of software to be installed.
For Password Manager 5.7.1 or later:
OfflinePasswordReset_x86.msi or OfflinePasswordReset_x64.msi
You uninstall Secure Password Extension from end-user computers by removing the appropriate installation packages assigned through Group Policy. Uninstalling Secure Password Extension makes the Self-Service site no longer available from the Windows logon screen.
To configure and deploy the Secure Password Extension on end-user computers, do the following:
- Copy the required installation package (Offline Password Reset x86.msi or Offline Password Reset x64.msi) from the installation CD to a network share accessible from all domain controllers where you want to install Secure Password Extension. The MSI packages are located in the \Password Manager\Setup\ folder of the installation CD.
- Create a GPO and link it to all computers, sites, domains, or organizational units where you want to use Secure Password Extension. You may also choose an existing GPO to use with Secure Password Extension.
- Open the GPO in the Group Policy Object Editor, and then do the following:
- Expand Computer Configuration/Software Settings, right-click Software installation, and then select New | Package.
- Browse for the MSI package you have copied in step 1, and then click Open.
- In the Deploy Software window, select a deployment method and click OK.
- Verify and configure the properties of the installation, if needed.
When upgrading Offline Password Reset, do not forget to upgrade the prm_gina.admx administrative template with the one located in the \Password Manager\Setup\Administrative Template\ folder of the installation CD.
The prm_gina.admx administrative template file is located in the \Password Manager\Setup\Administrative Template\ folder of the installation CD. This administrative template is designed to be used with Windows Server 2008 R2 and later operating systems. Before using this administrative template, copy the prm_gina.admx and prm_gina.adml files from the installation CD to the following locations: %systemroot%\policyDefinitions (for the prm_gina.admx file) and %systemroot%\policyDefinitions\En-US (for the prm_gina.adml file).