Please download the OS patch applicable for your SPP Physical or Virtual appliance from the page here
The following is a list of issues resolved in this OS patch.
Issues resolved in OS patch:
|Resolved Issue||Issue ID|
|OS patch for MS TCP/IP issues and additional security updates. || 264946/265437 |
|DCOM Security Patch KB500442 WinRM workaround for LTS. For more information, see KB 335559 ||301490|
Applicability of this OS patch
Products affected by this OS patch:
|Safeguard for Privileged Passwords || 6.0.X LTS to latest Feature release 6.X.0 |
Installing the OS patch
1. Log in to the primary appliance, as an Appliance Administrator.
2. Go to the patch updates page:
- Web client: Navigate to Appliance | Patch Updates.
- Desktop client: In Administrative Tools, select Settings | Appliance | Updates.
3. Click Upload a File and browse to select an update file.
The patch will be uploaded and distributed to all of the appliances in the cluster.
NOTE: If you make changes to the cluster, such as adding a new replica, while a patch is staged, the update file must be distributed to the new cluster member before the patch install process can begin. Safeguard for Privileged Passwords will not allow the patch install process to begin until all of the cluster members report that they have the update file stored locally.
NOTE: Clicking the Cancel button during the distribution process stops the distribution of the update file to the replicas. At this point, you can click one of the following buttons:
- Remove to remove the update file from all of the appliances in the cluster.
- Distribute to Cluster to continue distributing the update file to each replica in the cluster.
4. Once the file has been successfully distributed to all of the replicas in the cluster, click the Install Now button.
The primary appliance will go into Maintenance mode to begin the update operation. Once the primary appliance is successfully updated, Safeguard for Privileged Passwords will perform the update operation on each replica, one at a time. During an update operation, the cluster will be locked so that no other cluster operations can interfere with the update operation. Once the update operation is completed on all cluster members, the cluster will automatically unlock so normal operations can resume.
The Cluster view shows that an update operation is in progress and the cluster members that are locked, awaiting to install the update file. Go to:
In addition, go to Patch Updates:
There will be a minimal period of downtime for some appliance functionality as the patch stops and starts a few internal services. During this process you will notice a Service is Unavailable banner that appears while waiting for the services to restart.
Removing this OS patch
Once installed you cannot remove this patch.