Reconfigure the external indexers to issue new certificates:
1. Disable external indexing by unchecking Basic Settings > Local services > Enable remote indexing.
- This will show a warning and will stop all currently running indexing jobs.
- These jobs will be retried later, no data loss is expected.
2. Enable remote indexing again.
- This will recreate the external indexer configuration and issue a new certificate.
3. Distribute the updated configuration to the external indexers and update these configs with the 'indexer-box-config' script. Please refer to the Admin guide link for more details on configuring the external indexer HERENote:
until SPS version 7.0.1 LTS & 7.1 feature release is available, the refreshed certificates will have a lifetime of 800 days. After upgrading to version 7.0.1 LTS & 7.1 feature release, the refreshed certificates will be valid for 20 years.RESOLUTION:
Change Request # PAM-16883 will fix the issue where certificates issued for external indexer will again have a lifetime of 20 years. This fix will be included in SPS version 7.0.1 LTS and 7.1 Feature release.
Once available and after upgrading to the fixed release versions above you will still need to reconfigure the external indexers by disabling and re-enabling external indexing and resetting the external indexer configurations which will create new certificates with a lifetime of 20 years.