1. Export a configuration file from the existing PM instance as follows:
o Connect to the PM Administration site
o On the menu bar, click General Settings
o Click Import/Export Settings
o On the Import/Export Configuration Settings page, select the Export configuration
settings option. Important note: make note of the auto generated password in version 5.7 and up.
o Click Export to save the configuration file
2. Install a new PM instance on the new server by running the Password Manager x86.exe file
or the Password Manager x64.exe file located in the Password Manager\Setup folder on
the installation CD, depending on the operating system type
3. Open the Administration site on the new PM instance
4. On the Instance Initialization page,select the Unique instance option.
5. Launch the PMAdmin site -> general settings-> import/export-> import the settings from original server
6. Click Browse to select the configuration file that you exported in Step 1.
7. Enter the password and click Save.
8. Test the User and Helpdesk sites on the new PM instance to make sure the settings migrated as expected.
9. Verify that the new instance is assigned the correct role(primary/secondary), if migrating the primary instance, please ensure that only the new server is assigned a primary role. To update the instance role, please use the Resolution section of included below knoledge base article:
10. Once the new PM instance is up and operational, you can shut down and then uninstall the original PM instance.
11. Make sure that the corresponding service connection point for the original PM service has been removed from Active Directory. Service connection points for all PM instances are located in the following AD container:
o For Password Manager 5.5.x and below:
<yourdomain.com> | System | Quest Software | Password Manager
o For Password Manager 5.6.x and above:
<yourdomain.com> | System | Dell | Password Manager
o For Password Manager 5.7.1 and above:
<yourdomain.com> | System | One Identity | Password Manager
12. Navigate to Admin site / General Settings / Realm Instance and remove the previous instance from the realm
13. In Active Directory, navigate to Users container and delete PMReplication container (that container will be recreated by the storage replication schedule task).