How to make the helpdesk answers visible to the helpdesk agents who are verifying the end user when they call in. For ease of verification to mitigate potentially misspelled answers.
How to make the answers that are stored in AD that are used to verify a user through the PMHelpdesk portal to be visible to the helpdesk agent:
In order for the User identity verification answers to be visible to the Helpdesk Administrator, they have to be stored using reversible encryption.
To enable Reversible encryption, you need to go through the PMAdmin site.
1. From the Home page, click on the Default Management Policy, or whatever the Management Policy is.
2. Click on the Q & A Policy.
3. Then click on the Q & A profile settings.
4. Find the, “Store answers using reversible encryption” option and enable it. See attached screen shot called "Encryption".
IMPORTANT NOTE: Enabling Reversible Encryption is not retroactive. It will only take effect on new users registering. Any users that had already registered will have to re-register.
If you need to unregister users so they can re-register with the reversible encryption enabled, follow the steps in Sol. 64509
Once the encryption is enabled, you can set the answers to be visible.
1. From the PMAdmin site, homepage, expand the “Helpdesk Workflows”
2. Click on the “Verify User Identity”
3. Click on the “Authenticate with Q&A Profiles”
4. You will get a pop-up window. Find the option for, “Answers to the specified Questions (user’s answer is shown) and select this radio button. (See attached screen shot called "PWM503HlpdskWkfloUsrAnswrShown")
Now the Helpdesk site administrator can login and search on any user that has registered with reversible encryption enabled, search on a user and Verify their Identity by seeing the answers they provide.