5.6.2 (WITHOUT PasswordManager-5.6.3-SOL213268.exe installed)
5.6.3 (WITHOUT PasswordManager-5.6.3-SOL213268.exe installed)
- Launch the Password Manager Admin site
- Click the General Settings tab
- Click Domain Connections
- Click Edit on the appropriate domain
- Click Access account
- Select Domain Management account
- Enter existing account with the new password. (see screen shot attached)
5.6.2 (WITH PasswordManager-5.6.3-SOL213268.exe installed)
5.6.3 (WITH PasswordManager-5.6.3-SOL213268.exe installed)
5.7.x and up
If you want to modify the service account after installing Password Manager 5.7 (and up), you cannot modify it by changing the account on Password Manager service because the new account will not be able to read the current configuration.
- On the menu bar, click General Settings, then click the Import/Export tab and export the configuration file of the primary instance of Password Manager.
NOTE: Due to security enhancements, a complex password is generated while exporting the
configuration. You must remember the password or store it in a secure place, to use while
importing the configuration.
- Stop the Password Manager Service.
Open the Windows services or at the command prompt, type services.msc and select Password Manager Service in the console and change the log on details
Start the Password Manager Service.
Rename the "OneIdentity" folder in C:\ProgramData to something like "OneIdentity-OLD" (for version 5.7.0, this folder is called "Dell"
Restart the computer.
Open the Administration site.
On the Instance Initialization page, select Unique instance and click Save.
On the menu bar, click General Settings, then click the Import/Export tab and import the configuration
file, which was exported before changing the service account in step 1.
Modifying the service account