Before upgrading to Password Manager 5.5.1, please take the following into consideration:
- The Password Manager 5.5.1 design has been changed in regards to database requirements. 5.5.1 now requires a SQL database for its new History function (logging of server-side related events) along with SQL Reporting Services.
- If there was a database configured in Password Manager 4.x or 5.x, the database connection settings are retained during the upgrade to 5.5.1. As such there may be errors in the Scheduled Task section of the Admin site and corresponding Windows Event Logs. The resolution is to navigate to the Reporting section in the Admin site, disconnect servers and then add a new connection, along with specifying a new database.
Please note that due to the database design change in 5.5.1, older databases cannot be used.
- If at any time the error There is no settings for 02c5f92c-c8b7-4ac6-9cd8-9cc5d86e6c30 product shows up in the Windows Event Log, please follow the resolution found in Solution 130136
- The Password Policy Manager component is not forward or backwards compatible – it must be upgraded on all Domain Controllers in tandem with upgrading the Password Manager server
- The SPE (Secure Password Extension) client component is not forward or backwards compatible. It must be upgraded on all clients in tandem with upgrading the Password Manager server
- After the upgrade to 5.5.1 is complete, ensure any outdated Service Connection Points in Active Directory are removed. This will cause issues with any client running the SPE as it will pick a random entry from AD and attempt to connect to a Password Manager server that is no longer valid